Best Inflatable Lounger for the Beach
When you're out at the campsite or relaxing at the beach, the last thing you want to do is have to worry about heavy chairs or a place to hang your hammock. There's a creative new option that lets you rest on a cushion of air, and picking the best inflatable lounger will keep you comfortable anywhere in the outdoors.
The best inflatable lounger is one that is durable, easy to inflate, and ideally comes with pockets so you can keep your things close. Whether you want a cushion that can go where hammocks can't or a light alternative to beach chairs, the best inflatable lounger is there for you.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table
- Picking the Best Inflatable Lounger
- What is an inflatable lounger for?
- How We Picked the Best Inflatable Lounger
- How Much Will an Inflatable Lounger Cost?
- - The Top 10 Best Inflatable Loungers -
- AlphaBeing Inflatable Lounger
- Anglink Outdoor Inflatable Lounger
- Chillbo Shwaggins 2.0 Inflatable Lounger
- Go Beyond Outdoors Inflatable Lounger
- Legit Camping Inflatable Lounger
- NewNomad Inflatable Lounger
- ORSEN Inflatable Lounger
- Toneeta Inflatable Lounger
- WEKAPO Inflatable Lounger Air Sofa
- WindPouch Chill 2.0
- The Best Inflatable Lounger
Picking the Best Inflatable Lounger
Inflatable loungers are a new trend in outdoor comfort. These air-filled cushions look something like a bunch of bananas. They sit you in between two baffles that are most easily filled by swinging the couch in the wind. Without the need for an air pump, or to use your lungs, you can have a cushion for air or water ready in minutes.
After inflating them, roll up the open ends and close the buckle. How much you roll will put more or less pressure on the air inside, and you can determine the firmness of your lounger.
The best inflatable lounger is a sturdy material. You can set them on the ground and sit on them without worrying about them getting a tear or losing air. You wouldn't want your couch popping as soon as you put weight on it!
They also inflate quickly and usually have multiple interior chambers. These help the air distribute more evenly, so you don't find yourself rolling off to one side when you try to lay down.
But they also give protection from punctures. One compartment getting a hole won't ruin the whole cushion, and you'll be able to patch and reinflate the damaged section quickly.
Finally, the best inflatable lounger is compact when you aren't using it. The appeal of a couch-sized piece of outdoor equipment would fade pretty quickly if it stayed couch-sized when you had to carry it!
Usually, inflatable loungers come with a drawstring bag that the lounger can pack into when it's not in use. That makes the lounger even more comfortable to pack with you on all of your adventures.
What is an inflatable lounger for?
The right way to use an inflatable lounger is pretty clear from its name. It's essentially a big, inflatable couch that you can take with you to the park, the beach, or out camping.
It's a versatile seat because of its weight and size. One can be a seat for two people or a place for one person to lay out. That means it can take over for large beach chairs, or fill in for a hammock when there's no place to hang one.
Since they're inflatable, loungers are also great for the pool! They easily convert from land to water. Don't take them into the ocean or the lake, though. They're not meant to be flotation devices.
Inflatable loungers are all-purpose cushions. They can hold anyone in your party and usually come with pockets on the side for whatever you want to fit in them. And, they can go from your backyard to campsites and beaches anywhere.
How We Picked the Best Inflatable Lounger
We picked our 10 choices for the best inflatable lounger based primarily on customer reviews on Amazon. We also looked at reports from locations such as the New York Times' Wirecutter, and Outside Pursuits, to help decide on our selection.
The majority of our choices for the best inflatable lounger which is the minimum threshold for our criteria.
However, some of the loungers in our list are just short of this mark, but one or more review sites reviewed them highly. For this reason, we have included them in the list.
How Much Will an Inflatable Lounger Cost?
If you're looking for an inexpensive way to kick back outdoors, you're in luck. The majority of our selection sits squarely in the $30 range.
More expensive loungers offer more color selections and features. The most expensive option on this list is a bit different because it is chair-shaped, rather than oblong like all of the other loungers.
- The Top 10 Best Inflatable Loungers -
Now that you know what to look for, here's our list of picks for the best inflatable lounger. They are not ranked in any particular order, and we have listed them alphabetically.
The AlphaBeing is a two-compartment air sofa. This means you inflate each of the cushions on either side of the lounger with the wind-sweep technique. It also has a few unique features to set it apart from other inflatable loungers.
Its sofa includes a special headrest section at the end. It's stitched into the construction of the lounger, so it's always ready for you when you want to kick back.
It also has three different pockets, which are for different purposes. One is for your drink, one is for a book, and the last is for your phone or another device. That way, the essentials are never far from your reach.
The AlphaBeing Lounger is a multilayered material which will hold up to wear and tear on any terrain, including sand and rocky ground. Of course, it also works on the water.
- UNIQUE DESIGN WITH COMFORTABLE HEADREST: Has your neck ever felt painful or uncomfortable when you...
- PREVENT AIR LEAKAGE: Our Air Lounger adopts the creative Two-port design and has the double layer...
- EASY TO USE: No pump required. Just whisk it through the air to inflate. The little trick is that...
Anglink's Inflatable Air Lounger comes with the included headrest, much like the AlphaBeing lounger does. However, the main difference between the two is the superior insulation.
The Anglink lounger is tested and verified to hold air for up to seven days once sealed. You won't have to worry about waking up on the ground during a nap!
It also comes with the three pockets for drinks, electronic devices, and larger things such as books.
- ULTIMATE SUMMER GIFT FOR CAMPERS, HIKERS & OUTDOOR LOVERS Inflatable lounger available in your...
- EASY TO INFLATE DESIGN. No pump required. Just 2 scoops of air and this inflatable lounge is ready...
- FAST SHIPPING AND SATISFACTION PROMISED We are US-based company with a commitment to happy...
While many of the other inflatable loungers on this list offer a handful of color options, the Chillbo Shwaggins makes its patterns a selling point. Available in 12 bright and distinctive designs, Chillbo's inflatable lounger will be sure to catch eyes wherever you take it.
Apart from the pattern, few design features really set the Chillbo Shwaggins apart from other loungers on this list. It comes with large side pockets that can hold anything from magazines to drinks, and elastic anchor loops keep the whole thing from blowing away.
However, given the available color options from other inflatable loungers, a fun design may be enough to sway you towards the Chillbo Baggins.
This is a few points below our normal threshold, we included it because every review we consulted listed the Chillbo Shwaggins.
It also had 1,424 reviews, which is considerably more than most of the other loungers on this list.
The Chillbo Shwaggins 2.0 is available on Amazon and the Chillbo website.
- BEST QUALITY AIR LOUNGER THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE A PUMP - We spared nothing when we designed our bag...
- STAYS INFLATED UP TO 12 HOURS & HOLDS UP TO 440 POUNDS - Many lazy bag loungers are made with cheap...
- PERFECT FOR MUSIC FESTIVALS - Use as outdoor furniture at the beach, pool, concerts, camping,...
Go Beyond Outdoors' Inflatable lounger includes a headrest with a much simpler design than others included here. They advertise their air mattress's comfort before anything else.
This inflatable lounger can hold air for up to 12 hours and supports up to 440 pounds. Go Beyond Outdoors even suggests using the lounger as an impromptu air mattress for overnight sleeping.
On their website, Go Beyond Outdoors advertises that their inflatable lounger is made with the highest quality materials, so your lounger will stay strong through use after use.
- ✅AN AIR LOUNGER THAT’S ACTUALLY EASY TO INFLATE: Tired of running around like an idiot? If...
- ✅AND IT STAYS INFLATED: Love the idea of an inflatable sofa but hate the idea of constantly...
- ✅POCKETS, BEER OPENER & SECURE STAKES: This waterproof air hammock has 2 large and spacious...
The Legit Camping Inflatable Lounger is meant to supplement the other camping gear they supply, and so they made it with stronger material and a few more features.
Like many on this list, the Legit Camping lounger comes with a headrest and pockets for nearly anything you would want to have on hand while lounging. It also comes with a bottle holder loop and a clip-on bottle opener.
What this lounger has that others don't is its array of carabiners, rope, and straps that allow you to secure it to the ground or trees for stability.
The nylon they make it with is military-grade, which means this lounger is both durable and comfortable.
It is also easier to inflate than others on our list because it has a double inlet design that takes in more air.
- CRAFTMANSHIP & UNIQUE DESIGN: Original Patented Design. Choose from our awesome high quality and...
- HIGH QUALITY & RELIABILITY: NewNomad inflatable sofa is made of premium high-density non-toxic...
- FAST & EASY INFLATION: No need for a pump, just remove the hangout air sofa from the carry bag and...
The NewNomad Inflatable Lounger is the simplest lounger on the list up to this point. It doesn't come with any built-in headrest, specifically, although it still includes pockets and tie-downs for keeping the lounger in one place.
Where it differs from other loungers on the list is in its construction. Rather than nylon, these loungers are high-density micro poly yarn. It is also triple stitched to avoid cracks and has thicker inner compartments. That will keep your lounger supporting you time after time.
- 🌈 EASY TO INFLATE DESIGN. No pump required for our ORSEN Inflatable Lounge. Just a few scoops of...
- 🌈 ANTI-DEFLATION TECHNOLOGY. Our camping air couch retains air twice as long as other air couch....
- 🌈 UNIQUE HEADREST DESIGN. Our Unique Ergonomic Neck Pillow headrest of air lounger allows you to...
ORSEN's inflatable lounger is a straightforward option among our contenders for the best inflatable lounger. It comes with simple colors, a headrest, and pockets for your things.
The ORSEN Inflatable Lounger will stay inflated for at least 6 hours and is made of nylon that will support up to 400 pounds. It comes in a variety of colors, which includes a few patterns as well.
While it does not include many additional features, it has one of the highest ratings of any on this list on Amazon.
The ORSEN Inflatable Lounger is available on Amazon
The Toneeta Inflatable Lounger features an ergonomic air tube structure to give more comfort and support than other loungers offer.
It includes a curved, wavelike headrest that supports your neck and shoulders. It also allows for more airflow, so that you can stay cool in the summer. Even though the waterproof material may not be breathable, it makes sure to keep cool air flowing around you.
This lounger also offers engineered air chambers within the pockets, and these distribute the pressure of your body more evenly.
- ✔ EASY INFLATION-No pump required. Just whisk it through the air to inflate. The little trick is...
- ✔ UNIQUE PILLOW SHAPED HEADREST DESIGN- WEKAPO air lounger has patented pillow shaped headrest...
- ✔ ANTI-DEFLATION TECHNOLOGY-Our unique patented design together with years of experience of making...
WEKAPO's Inflatable Lounger Air Sofa comes with the standard array of inflatable lounger features. It has a pillow-shaped headrest at one end, as well as pockets, a carry bag, a stake, and a bottle opener included.
The WEKAPO Inflatable Lounger can stay inflated for five to six hours at a time. It also comes with pockets along the side to hold all of your things.
The WEKAPO lounger is longer than others, as it is seven feet once filled with air and sealed. It is durable as well, with a sturdy plastic inner lining and a support weight of up to 500 pounds.
- ● INFLATES IN 10 SECONDS: All you need is 1 scoop through the air to inflate this chair!...
- ● CRAZY COMFORT: Our Newest 2018 Chill 2.0 utilizes Ultra Sonic Welding that bonds TPU directly to...
- ● TRANSPORTS EASILY: Weighing in at just slightly above ONE POUND, this inflatable chair is made...
WindPouch is one of the original inflatable lounger makers, and the WindPouch Chill 2.0 shows a move forward for the inflatable lounger market.
This one is unique among the other loungers, shaped explicitly like a chair rather than the double-bag shape of every other lounger on the list. You can easily kick back in this chair, rather than lay down like with the other loungers.
WindPouch's Chill 2.0 is also easier to inflate, requiring only one scoop of air, as well as lighter than others. It's also smaller. That means you can't share it, but you may have more comfort for this tradeoff.
The Best Inflatable Lounger
A lot of our picks for the best inflatable lounger are very similar to each other. For this reason, it can be difficult to pick between them.
As far as unique loungers go, our first pick is the Chillbo Shwaggins 2.0. This lounger may have the lowest overall reviews of any on this list, but it does have a few things going for it.
For one, it has a lot of creative designs. This may seem secondary, but when so many of the other loungers are the same array of single colors, unique patterns can be a breath of fresh air.
Also, from its website, you can tell that this is an inflatable lounger that its creators care about making. It's not an additional product they make cheaply to capitalize on a trend.
For the same reason, we would recommend the WindPouch Chill 2.0. In a market full of the same oblong loungers, WindPouch is the one trying to push things forward. They try to make something new. So either of these would make for the best inflatable lounger to take with you wherever you need to relax.
Have you ever tried an inflatable lounger? Tell us about it in the comments!
Featured Image via Amazon